Floor Is Lava makes games and other fun things.
Floor Is Games
MIME BOXING — A quick and chaotic playground game for crowds that can be played anywhere that aggressive miming is called for.
SOLAR SURFING IN OPTI SPACE — Explore a pocket universe of geometry and music.
STARSHIP LEXICON — Make words in space on iOS or the Kindle Fire. Produced by Caper Academy with UI and game design by Floor Is Lava.
ONNECHEO — Connect the dots to make shapes and solve puzzles.
LOW ROLLR — Roll your Sifteo Cubes to score points and mess with your opponents.
FLAAR AMARIS — Create musical flowers on your iPhone or iPad.
CUBE BUDDIES — Mix up your buddies' faces on Sifteo Cubes. Produced by Sifteo with concept, game design, and puzzle design by Josh.
Floor Is News
- 11 Nov 2013
- Mime Boxing was featured at Come Out and Play SF 2013 over the weekend. The SF Bay Guardian describes the game as "a rowdy free-for-all of imaginary walls and temporary alliances," which is better than anything I could come up with.
- 15 Oct 2013
- Solar Surfing in Opti Space is available in the App Store for iPad and iPhone. Make beautiful music while flying your space pod around mysterious suns.
- 2 Aug 2013
- Voyage of the Starship Lexicon was featured at Casual Connect SF as part of the Indie Prize Showcase. Good times were had by all.
- 18 Jul 2013
- A new version of Voyage of the Starship Lexicon is now available for iPhone and iPad in the iTunes Store. This version features a new puzzle mode, and has extra levels available as in-app purchases. Go forth and make cool words!
- 13 May 2013
- Onnecheo is now out on Kongregate. Connect the dots to make shapes and solve puzzles.
- 27 Mar 2013
- Low Rollr is now available for Sifteo Cubes. Roll your cubes to score big points, or take special actions to mess with your opponents. If you're at GDC this week, you can play Low Rollr at Sifteo's booth.
- 07 Dec 2012
- Voyage of the Starship Lexicon is available on the Amazon Appstore for Kindle Fire. Make words in space by rotating tiles in the grid. Tour the solar system and challenge yourself on different planets that offer a wide variety of gameplay options.
- 06 Dec 2012
- Flaar Amaris is available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. Flaar Amaris is a simple musical toy: tap the screen to make flowers bloom and chime. It is (hopefully) the first in a series.
- 23 Nov 2012
- The new Sifteo Cubes are out and shipping. Cube Buddies comes with the system.
- 07 Oct 2012
- Good times were had by all at IndieCade, and Chroma Shuffle was well received. Josh made a video about the game for the festival.
- 17 Sep 2012
- Josh gave a talk at the Game Design Conference in San Francisco, on designing for new user interfaces. You can check out the slides if you like: (SlideShare) (PDF)
- 30 Aug 2012
- Sifteo announces its next-gen Cubes, featuring Cube Buddies.
- 24 Aug 2012
- Chroma Shuffle is a finalist at IndieCade 2012!
Floor Is Lava is run by Josh Lee, a veteran game designer, UX designer, and developer with a broad range of skills and experience. His work has been featured everywhere from the Wii to the MOMA. Josh is dedicated to the creation of playful experiences that are fun and accessible to people with a broad range of skills and tastes. All he really wants is for you to be happy.